Please read the comments below the guide before trying this build, major flaw being now that Venatu can teleport after a Gravity update.
This Guide is Sponsored By:
http://www.ragnarokrevolution.com – Free RAGNAROK Online Private Server
If you’re stuck after getting to level 80 or 90 training on seals and anolians, this is a guide for you.
Please read the whole guide at once, before starting to take actions. You need to know if such type of leveling is suitable for you.
The most common way to get 99 (and more on custom servers) is killing Venatu monsters in Juperos dungeon. They’re basically a bit stronger than seals and give similiar amounts of experience. But the power in leveling on them lies in the speed. The average amount of them on screen varies from 5 to even 30, depends on if they happen to be at one place or many different. An average level 95 Assassin kills 50 venatu per a few-minute-run in the dungeon. Let’s get started then, since it takes a bit of time to prepare for that kind of leveling.
1. Getting Equipment
First, you need a good weapon. The best option is nicely upgraded Katar slotted with 2 Peco Peco Egg cards, or a heavily upgraded Jamadhar with one of those cards. If you prefer speed over power, you might try Infiltrator, since apart from nice attack power it gives you some additional flee rate. To increase damage on venatu, you can also use a Knocker card in a headgear.
Next are parts of armor. For the body, something with a nice DEF and maybe some slot, unless you’ll want to have Undershirt+Panties equip set on. As for the garment, if not the combo mentioned above, it would be nice if it was a +9 garment with a Nine Tail card, but it’s really unlikely you’d be so lucky to make one. I suggest using a Falcon Muffler instead. Last thing to take care of are accesorries. You should either get 2 slotted Rings with a Mantis card in each if you want attack power, or 2 slotted Brooches with a Kukre card in each if you need some flee rate. The rest of equipment is up to you, just anything that adds attack power or AGI/flee.
2. Getting a proper build
Venatu are fast, and have a relatively good hit rate, so you need much flee rate to be able to stand their attacks. But also they are fast enough to dodge yours too, so you need to hit them as well. There are 2 types of builds for leveling there:
2.1 – AGI build
First is the AGI-based flee build, which helps avoiding being hit by large groups of Venatu or randomly
spawned Dimiks. The build is as following(it’s better to add stats in exactly that order):
DEX: Enough to have about 110~120 hit, no more is needed.
STR: Enough to deal some damage to Venatu, like 400~500 damage is enough.
AGI: Put the rest of points here, and add with each level-up only AGI stat, ignoring the leftovers of stat points (save them for later).
2.2 – DEX build
Second build is DEX-STR based build, which is good to kill mobs of venatu in a short time, losing small
amounts of SP and hitting all venatu. This is not recommended for characters under level 90.
DEX: 140~150 hit needed, if you’re over level 100(on custom servers) you can add more.
STR: It’s good to deal 800~1000 damage to them, but it’s not needed to. Add as much as you like, but keep
some points for AGI as well.
AGI: At least 240 flee, but no more than 300, otherwise it’ll be just a waste of points.
3. Useful and useless skills.
For leveling you have usually a limited amount of skill points when still low level. Choose your skills wisely.
3.1 – useful stuff
Skills required to level in Juperos are:
- Hiding (level 10 would be useful, but not needed at all. You just need as much time to stay hidden as to kill the monsters, 1 minute is enough.)
– Grimtooth (level 5) [required Cloaking level 2 and Sonic Blow level 5]
There are few not necessary, but useful skills too:
– Cloaking (at least level 3): Good for re-mobbing a scattered bunch of Venatu.
– Enchant Poison : Enchants weapon with Poison property, dealing +25% of damage to every Venatu except the blue water-property ones (those have -25% damage)
– Katar Mastery/Adv. Katar Research : Added damage from these skills is added to Grimtooth skill damage.
3.2 – useless things
Don’t bother to raise skills like:
– Poison React : Even if countered, the hit will probably kill you anyway, cause you get usually hit by few Venatu at one time.
– Double Attack : Even if it raises the left-hand damage for Katars, this additional damage doesn’t count for Grimtooth.
There are 3 types of monsters needed to know while leveling in Juperos.
4.1 – Venatu
Venatu are the basic “exp producting unit”. They’re dumb, but fast and powerful when attacking in groups.
These are the ones you have to mob.
4.2 – Dimiks
They can hit you, they have range, and they can make you mad, killing you when you collect the largest mobs. Spawned only in Juperos F1.
4.3 – Apocalypse
Those big things appear only in Juperos F2, just don’t touch them and you’ll be fine. They’re not aggresive.
5. How to level…
All of that is based on simple rules:
1. Collect a mob, making the venatu follow you.
2. Hide in a corner, making sure they’ll see you right when you’re disappearing. (note: some people think it’s bad to hide in a corner, but keeping away from the middle reduces the chance that someone will run into your mob)
3. Spam Grimtooth in the middle of mob, until most of them die.
4. Show up and either keep mobbing or use Fly Wing to warp somewhere else and continue(do NOT warp in Juperos F2 – keep at the outer circle).
There are 2 ways to do that, though.
You can either deal with the Dimiks in F1 or try getting into F2 each time… decision is yours. But reaching F2 is almost impossible without Cloaking. (The entrance is located on top of the tower, Venatu don’t spawn here, but Dimiks tend to appear there sometimes)
6. Things to remember
- Always keep at least 50 fly wings handy. You never know when you’ll have to warp.
– Take Butterfly Wings too, sometimes you get overweight and have to warp back to town.
– Use a Awakening Potion each time you enter Juperos. Increased ASPD makes better chance to keep Venatu mobbed.
– Sell your stuff using a merchant, for much better zeny.
– Keep Eluniums and Steel, they’re worth it instead of NPC selling.
– Buffs are never bad, but do NOT ask ‘plz’ to priests/monks – ask nicely~! Saying ‘Please’ is somewhat better.
– NEVER steal Venatu mobs from other players. And never hesitate from reporting. You can however kill the ones that pose a threat to leeching characters(if allowed on the server). You could be rewarded with buffs if you accidentally happened to save a priest. And remember not to use Dead Branches or Hylozoist card in the dungeon – it’s really annoying to level there if you do that.
7. One note added by request on the comments.
After that one certain update, venatu started to teleport after about 2 consecutive hits. It makes high STR, or usage of a deadly poison highly recommended, so they would die before being able to teleport. It doesn’t apply to most private servers though, so check first if it’s enable by trying to grimtooth a single venatu.