Disclaimer: This guide is part of the content generated from Legacy RO’s Character Class Guides Event. The original author is Althares and permission to publish this guide has been given to ratemyserver.net from Itakou, the owner of Legacy RO. If you are the original author of this guide and would not wish to have your work published here, please contact us and we will respect your decision.
Note: Since this guide is primarily a champion guide, monk information will be minimum. If you’re a monk reading this guide, some parts will apply to you, others won’t, since they lack zen and RPS. If you want to asura, you might have to invest in some more int, as they lack the trans sp bonus. Or you could just leech ^_^.
Table of Contents
- Will this guide apply to you?
- Pros and cons of a Champion
- Spirit System
- Other Useful Skills
- Combo System
- War Champion : The Brawler
- The Brawler: Stat Build
- The Brawler: Skill Build
- The Brawler: Equipment
- The Brawler: Leveling
- Variation : Pure Asura Champ : The MVPer
- The MVPer: Stat Build
- The MVPer: Skill Build
- The MVPer: Equipment
- The MVPer: Leveling
- The Combo Champion : Fast and Furious
- The Combo Champion: Stat Build
- The Combo Champion: Skill Build
- The Combo Champion: Equipment
- The Combo Champion: Leveling
- War Champion : The Brawler
- Advanced Techniques
- Tactics (Usage in PK)
So. You want to learn about the champion class. before you start, keep in mind that a champion is one of the hardest classes to get, and has a high learning curve for advanced techniques. Besides that, a champion has a great potential acquired through hard work. It is also, one of the most fun classes to play.
Will this guide apply to you?
This guide was intended for:
- People who are willing to learn, and not whine.
- People who are willing to grind, as being a champion will be tedious at times.
Pros and cons of a Champion
Ok. So you are willing to learn and grind, I need to now explain the basic ups and downs of champs D:.
- High damage, 1hko asura’s in WoE, very useful in MvPing situations.
- Fast casting of throw spirit sphere, occult
- High learning curve
- Long hours of grinding to level (especially at sleepers)
- Very long to get too, monk leveling is tedious.
This section will be in alphabetical order, according iRO skill names. I will include all useful monk, acolyte, and champ skills (leaving out ones that you should NEVER get).
For the exact skill descriptions:
- Full information on Acolyte skills can be found by clicking here.
- Full information on Monk Skills can be found by clicking here.
- Full information on Champion Skills can be found by clicking here.
The monk / Champion, has a unique system that its skills are based on; the manipulation of spirit spheres. You can summon the spheres using Summon Spirit Sphere, or Zen, and absorb them using absorb spirit spheres. You will need these spheres to cast various skills, including combos. The max number of spheres you can have at once is 5, and each sphere adds 3 to atk.
The following skills are the spirit sphere manipulation skills:
Summon Spirit Sphere and Zen
- Summon spirit sphere summons 1 spirit sphere at a time, but Zen summons all 5 possible at once.
- Zen summons the 5 spheres in the time summon spirit sphere takes to summon one.
Spirit Sphere Absorption
- Absorbs the spirit spheres you have, at 10 sp each.
- You can absorb other monks or champions spirits in PvP.
- You can use this skill on monsters, and it gives 2x the monster’s level back in SP.
- Useable only on party members.
- It gives a spirit sphere to your party member, only useful in giving +15 attack total with all 5 spirits or giving a plagiarist rogue / stalker spirits to TSS / occult with.
Other Useful Skills
- Asura strike one of the skills that makes the champ so deadly.
- This skill is ALWAYS neutral. Don’t listen to any cold endow rubbish.
- Asura strike will ALWAYS hit, unless your opponent hides, or is in a safety wall
- Even with ruwach up, it is possible to hide this skill.
- Asura will 1hko MOST people in WoE / PvP, if you have high sp.
- You need 5 spirit spheres up and fury to cast asura.
- There is an asura strike calculator, here
- Increases dex, str, and int by 10.
- Don’t ever do anything without this skill enabled.
- Decreases the movement speed and agi stat of the opponent
- Use this skill on fast moving enemies / players that you don’t want near you xD.
Demon Bane and Divine Protection
- Only prerequisite skills, needed for monk skills.
- Add damage and defense against undead / demon property monsters.
Flee (KRO name: Dodge)
- Adds flee… lol
- Great for combo champs, since they can out flee the mobs they level at.
- Adds +20 crit at level 5
- Great for combo champs
- Needed to cast asura.
- Uses up 5 spirit spheres.
- Heals you
- Not as useful as using heal on a priest, but heals a good 1k-1.6k on you.
- Increases your movement speed and agility stat.
- For war champs, its only useful to increase walking speed.
- Increases damage with fists
- Prerequisite skill, needed.
- Pumps up your defense and mdef to 90.
- You can’t use any skills when this is activated
- With MS, a champ is a beast tank. 90 def, 12K+ hp, and white pots / mastellas = win.
- You need 5 spirit spheres to use this skill.
- OI is an attack that does more damage if the opponent has a higher defense.
- Uses up one spirit sphere.
- You can occult dance, delivering HARSH damage.
- Uses up 1 spirit sphere.
- When you cast this, it makes a green “safety wall” on the floor.
- If you’re within one square in any direction of the pneuma, all ranged attacks will miss you.
Raging Palm Strike
- The champ’s only *knockback* skill besides excruciating palm
- Great to knock people out of safety walls, etc.
- Hurts a lot xD.
- You can do many tricks with this skill (see adv techniques)
- You need to be in Fury mode to use this skill.
- “Captures” the opponent when he is attacking, he will not be able to move, use skills, or anything.
- You can still cast your skills when you have “rooted” someone.
- Uses one spirit sphere.
- Reveals hidden enemies
- “Teleport” to the location you click on.
- With this, champions are the fastest movers.
- Unless you have fury on, it will consume one spirit sphere.
Throw Spirit Sphere
- Throws all of your spirit spheres, to deal massive damage.
- At level 5, all spheres will do 250% damage, even if you have only 2 up.
- It’s med-fast cast time compared to other skills, and its beastly damage make it the champ’s most powerful skill besides asura.
- Uses up 1 spirit sphere at level 1, and all (5) at level 5.
Teleport and Warp Portal
- Useful for getting around.
- Warp portal needs a blue gem, use the command “/memo” to memorize a map to warp too.
Monks / Champs have another unique aspect; comboing. To initiate a combo, wait for a raging trifecta blow. Trifecta blow is a passive skill, so it will initiate on its own, while regular attacking. In the delay of the RTB, click on the hotkey of Raging Quadruple Blow; and the trifecta will follow up to a quadruple blow. After using quadruple blow, you can follow up to using raging thrust. Every combo skill’s damage will add to the damage of the previous ones.
For beginners, I recommend just repeatedly mashing the hotkey for raging quadruple blow, so when you trifecta, it will initiate quadruple.
Following are the skills:
Raging Trifecta Blow
- Passive skill, and like a thief’s double attack, will initiate while attacking
- Can be followed up by Quadruple Blow
Raging Quadruple Blow
- Used after Raging Trifecta Blow
- Followed up by Raging Thrust.
- No spirit sphere usage.
- High damage finisher
- Used after Raging Quadruple Blow.
- Can be followed up by Asura Strike, Glacier Fist, or Chain crush combo.
- Uses 1 spirit sphere
- Used after Raging Thrust or Chain crush combo.
- Can be followed by CCC.
- Uses one spirit sphere.
Chain Crush Combo
- Massive damage, comparable to TSS; but its requires a combo going to get to.
- Used after Raging Thrust or Glacier Fist
- Can be followed up by Asura Strike, or Glacier Fist.
- Uses 2 spirit spheres.
So as a recap, all of these possible combos are possible:
- Trifecta Blow
- Trifecta Blow => Quadruple Blow
- Trifecta Blow => Quadruple Blow => Raging Thrust
- Trifecta Blow => Quadruple Blow => Raging Thrust => Guillotine Fist
- Trifecta Blow => Quadruple Blow => Raging Thrust => Chain Crush Combo
- Trifecta Blow => Quadruple Blow => Raging Thrust => Chain Crush Combo => Guillotine Fist
- Trifecta Blow => Quadruple Blow => Raging Thrust => Glacier Fist => Chain Crush Combo
- Trifecta Blow => Quadruple Blow => Raging Thrust => Glacier Fist => Chain Crush Combo => Glacier Fist
- Trifecta Blow => Quadruple Blow => Raging Thrust => Glacier Fist => Chain Crush Combo => Guillotine Fist.
Ok. So now we’ve finished the gears, we can get into the stats of a champion. Here are several different builds of champions, along with a picture with great gears and stats.
War Champion : The Brawler
Below is an image of a really well built and geared champ (using +7 str, vit, and int, and +8 dex) (skin of ventoss, 2x orlean’s gloves, and variant shoes; sorry my calc doesn’t have the translations yet).
This baby provides ~90K asura’s on unequipped demi’s; ~20K in WoE.
Also, for TSS/ OI, use a 2x hydra stunner.
Ok. Now lets get into in depth explanations of the stats.
NOTE : all of the stat listings below are WITH all bonuses, including blessing, job bonus, and equip bonuses.
The Brawler: Stat Build
Strength is the stat that powers a champ. Always round it off to a digit dividable by 10, to get the bonus. It provides the strength for TSS, Occult, and contributes to Asura Strike damage.
INT: 1+ int
Useful only for asura strike damage, and for a higher SP pool (+sp regen). I’d reccomend getting around 30 base.
Dex: 110+ (130 for WoE is what you should get ^_^)
Dex should be higher then all other stats.
VIT: 50-80 (as high as you can, after getting the other stats).
Vit provides a higher HP pool, vit def, and lesser stun time . This stat is very important on a successful WoE’r.
WoE Stats Note:
Ok. A widely used WoE build is 110 str, 130 dex. However, if you feel that you can get your cast off with 120 str and dex, feel free to use that stat build. However, 1hko’ing LK’s and pally’s is difficult unless you get the right equips.
The Brawler: Skill Build
Ok. In assigning skill points:
- Heal 3
- Increase Agi 1
- Divine Protection 5
- Blessing 10
- Pneuma tree (8 total points)
- Heal 9
- Decrease Agi 1
- Divine Protection 10
- Demon Bane 10
- Asura Strike 3 (Takes 20 points to get to)
- Fury 5
- Asura Strike 5
- Occult 5
- TSS 5
- Iron Fist 7
- Raging Palm Strike 5
- Long road to snap (takes up next 24~ points.
- Root 5
- Heal 1
- 3 Points remaining~ Woo~
The Brawler: Equipment
Ok. There has been a lot of controversy about the weapon that a champion should use. Truthfully, the optimal weapon for a champion depends on the use of the champ.
For PvP: Use a +7-10 stunner (2) (slotted via the socket enchant npc), hands down. 2 hydra cards should be slotted in this. Some people prefer to still use a +10 chain, with 2 hydras and 1 skel worker, but honestly, the stunner adds damage AND gives a stun chance. Win win situation, use the stunner.
For WoE: For WoE, you have two choices. You could either stick with the same PvP stunner, or go for a more expensive weapon. Much more.
If you happen to obtain a +9 lich’s bone wand, stack it with 2 hydra cards and use that in WoE. The sp bonus contributes a LOT to your asura strike damage, but it is useless unless you can pot back to full SP. Then again, if you can manage obtaining one of these babies, a few mil more on royal jellies shouldn’t hurt you =P.
For MvP: Ok. For MvPing, the champion’s weaponry arsenal opens up a bit. You can use
- +10 chain (3) with either 3 abysmal knight cards, or 2 AK cards + 1 minorous card.
- +9 lich’s bone wand with 2 abysmal knight cards (optimal).
- There is a theory that using a +9-+10 barrage fist will out damage the chain (3), because it gains the iron fist bonus, and the fact that it is a level 3 weapon, so upgrades will increase damage even more; but sadly, after running tests, the chain beats it, hands down.
- Valkyrian Armor – adds +1 all stats, which is very useful.
- Odin’s blessing (1) – (paired with ulle’s cap) – Of course, good, but only use it if you can’t get a valk armor.
- Orlean’s Robes (1) – +15% cast time, no interruptions – this is great. stack a porcellio in it and use it for leveling.
- Silk robe (1) – +10 mdef, but probably not your gear of choice.
- Evil druid – (need I say more)
- Marc – (need I say more?)
- Porcellio – this card is great for leveling. While TSSing, asuraing, occulting, this card is GREAT to have. Just take it off in PvP/ WoE =P (no brainer =P).
- Valkyrja’s Sheild – you should be using this
- Stone buckler – you should use this if you can’t afford a valk
- Orlean’s plate – same as stone buckler. if you have orlean’s gloves, it gives a slightly-noticeable cast deduction.
- Race reduction cards (thara) – help out a LOT.
- Ulle’s cap – +2 dex, AND A SLOT? WTF HAX GEMME ONE
- Apple of Archer – don’t bother with it unless you can’t afford anything else.
- Feather beret – use it. +10 demi resistance is never a bad thing.
- Morpheus’s hood- for leveling
- Alice Doll – very nice~
Upper Headgear cards
- Incubus- +147 sp. Win.
- Willow- +80sp, please ditch this… unless you got one as a novice and can’t afford anything else..
- Vanberk- I’ve heard of people slotting an ulle’s with a vanberk. Not a great choice, but not the best either =P.
- Maya purple – hey, I had to put it. Use it in combo with ruwach and snap.
- Evil wing ears – +1 str
- Sunglasses (1) – I wouldn’t build on them, because if you’re rich enough to buy them, a measly 265~K on a reset won’t scratch you. Look at the upper headgear cards to slot in the sunnies.
Garment / Shoes
Remember, as a champ, you need all the sp you can get ^_^.
- Wool Scarf + Tidal Shoes (+7-+8): Excellent combo. Stack a raydric card or noxious in the wool, and a sohee, green ferus, or verit in the tidals.
- Variant shoes (+0)- GET. THESE. IF. YOU. CAN.
- Vali’s manteau and vidar’s boots – If you get the odin’s along with it, it has a nice cheap combo going; again, only use if you can’t afford the alternatives.
- Morpheus’s Shawl (leveling)
- 2x Nimble Gloves (or orlean’s if you can afford)
- Alligator / Smokie carded rosaries are always good to have.
- Morpheus’s Ring / Bracelet (leveling)
- +5 str food is a must. It is VERY easy to make.
- The rest is up to you =P. (+dex, +vit, +int recommended for WoE)
The Brawler: Leveling
Ok. So leveling this badass. As an acolyte, I recommend you duel client and leech until job 50, with a ranged / magic class outside of Ice Dungeon. Enough said, quickest and most painless way. However, if you want to feel the pain, like I and so many others have. You can try zombies at Payon Cave level 1 until you get Pneuma or just hit anything that works for you. After you obtain Pneuma, head to Amatsu Dungeon floor 1. Use Pneuma on yourself, heal/hit the Firelock a few times, pneuma otherside of him, move into other pneuma, heal/hit again, etc. Painful. Very.
Now as a champion.
As a champion, you should be level 6x. Do some exp reward quests (curse of gae bolg, etc) to get you into the high 7x’s. Now, how you level will depend on your zeny.
If you have a morpheus’s set and a triple peco egg chain go to thor’s dungeon 01. With 110 str, and around 1400sp, you will be able to 1hko (1 hit kill) the kasa’s with Asura strike. So easy painless leveling: Asura strike, bwing IMMEDIEATLY, heal, summon spirits, fury, spirits, warp to thors, etc. This is by far faster then other ways to level this build.
If you have just a triple peco egg chain, memo a warp to sleepers, and with ~120 str (or knocker+porcellio and 110str), and 1hko occult impact the sleepers. This will work without that chain, but you will have to 2 hit. Save the great natures, (you should break them apart into green lives, quest required), and bam, you have tons of zeny.
Now, if you’re a poor boy and don’t have any zeny at all, you can follow the method of asura-ing at thors, but do it on banshees in abbey sanctuary. Put on a plain old stunner . 900sp+ will 1hko them. Roll in the wool scarfs, and sell them to the community ^_^.
Variation : Pure Asura Champ : The MvPer
Honestly, the War Champ can pull off good 100-120K asuras using a morpheus set and specialized weapons, but for the whole 150k asura, this is the build.
The MVPer: Stats
STR : 110-130
Strength is huge in asura strike damage.
INT : 90+
Intelligence provides SP, and SP provides a greater Asura strike damage .
You want to pull off an asura, right? Lowers cast, blah blah blah.
The MVPer: Skill build
Just max out asura, zen, get snap. The build for the War Champ is fine.
The MVPer: Equipment
- +9 Double Abysmal Knight Lich’s Bone Wand – Provides greatest asura strike damage on MvPs/ bosses.
- +10 Triple AK Chain – Get this if you can’t afford the lich’s.
- Morpheus’s Set (hood, bracelet, ring, shawl) – More sp = higher asura strike damage
- Porcellio Carded Armor – This does +25 atk, great asura increase, provides more damage then roda frog.
- Variant shoes – +20% sp
- Sohee Carded Shoes – if you can’t get variants.
- Alice carded shield – boss damage reduction.
The MVPer: Leveling
You should only reset to an MvP build if you are already a high level. If you don’t plan on resetting, follow the asura-ing in the War Champ’s leveling guide.
The Combo Champion : Fast and Furious
Ok. The most unused champ in the world, and BY FAR the most fun to PvM. Too bad they’re pretty bad in PvP, unless you know how to use them.
The champ pic shown here isn’t as well rounded off as the one in the last pic; mainly because they’re built on personal preference. I.E. you build him as you want him built.
The Combo Champion: Stat Build
This is the most important skill of the comboist champ. Round it off to 10x, etc.
Yes, AGI. You are a comboist~. This stat is highly dependent on the equips you are wearing. If you have a berserk / horn of the buffalo, you can lower the agi.
Vitality. So you won’t have to heal as much.
If you want to keep comboing, your sp pool will run out quick. You need the int to get more sp ^_^.
Mainly on preference. I prefer getting a high dex amount; however you can cut down on dex and push up on agi.
The Combo Champion: Skill Build
Ok. Follow the acolyte point allotting the same way as the one on the Acolyte.
For Champion, it is your preference. I prefer getting the basic combo maxed (5 RTB, 5 RQB, 5 combo finish), then getting zen and snap, then getting 5 glacier fist and 10 chain crush combo; however it’s up to you.
You can even forego snap completely, and invest points in raging palm strike (which is KILLER at 180 aspd) and increase agility (I guess o_o).
The Combo Champion: Equipment
Ok. Back to the weapon again. You are going to be comboing, so you have a few choices.
- Barrage fist (4) with race / element / size cards (2 race, 2 elemental is the best)
- Berserk – Godly. If you manage to get a slot, even godlier. Helps out aspd a LOT. Stack it w/ a phreeoni or a hydra if you ever manage to slot it @_@.
- Stunner (2) – stunning at 10% chance with a full combo and 176ish aspd is VERY NICE~
- Odin’s Blessing (great, can be used with fricco, falcon, odin, fricca, and valk happy.gif)
- Valkyrian Armor – +1 all stats, and a combo champ uses 5/6 stats.
- Pantie – for lower level leveling =P
- Porcellio – USE THIS IT ROX.
- Marc – if you ever happen to PvP (people will laugh at you xD)
- Valkyrja’s Shield : godly.
- Stone buckler : +5% large resist, helps in leveling.
- Thara frog – no brainer
- Hodremlin – in a valk shield.. you have a really good def against a LOT of monsters
- Fricca’s circlet (with odin’s blessing and valk shield) (nice little combo, recommended for low income champs).
- Feather beret (yep this appears again)
- Ulle’s Cap
- Marionette Doll
Upper Headgear cards:
- Vanberk – the strength helps this build out happy.gif.
- Incubus – yeah, +147 sp is beast.
- Maya purple – woah I said it again~
- Cramp – useful w/ tarou.
- Evil / Angel wings
- Sunglasses (1)
Garment / Shoes
- Falcon muffler / fricco’s shoes – Great cheap combo
- Vali’s Manteau / Vidar’s boots – another great combo happy.gif
- Undershirt – for low level leveling
- +9 Orc Baby carded hood – +15 flee and +15% neutral resist? amazing~ (doesn’t even have to be +9, and you can get 10 flee / 10% reduc
- Variant shoes – God these shoes are beast~
- Ring (1)
- Glove (orleans or norm) (1)
- Horn of the buffalo (1)
- Zeroms – +3 dex is your best friend
- Mantis – +3 str is also your best friend~
- Smokie carded rosary is always nice to have
- +5 str food is a must. It is VERY easy to make.
- The rest is up to you =P. (+dex, +vit, +int recommended for WoE)
The Combo Champion: Leveling
Follow acolyte leveling just like the War Champs. When you reach level 6x champ, again do some quests to level up a bit. If you can’t do the quests, here are some leveling maps.
The combo champion is like an agi melee class, but it has its perks, like self buffing, healing, and using spirit sphere absorb on monsters to regain sp.
Once you get level 80, go to anubis. Then, use blessing on the anubis’s, so that you can dodge ‘em really easily. Punch em to death, with either an elemental fist, or a fire endowed or asperiso’d berserk or barrage fist. Use spirit sphere absorb on the pasanas to regain SP. Easy, you will level fast.
Other then anubis, the combo champion has a very large array of places to solo. Some easy ones are,
Ok. All of this information below is directed for War Champs.
Raging Palm Strike
- Ok. This is by far the most cancelable skill. By cancelling I mean, if you physically move your character, there will be no after cast delay and you can cast again. Now, RPS doesn’t have a cast, so it works differently. If you cast RPS on a champion, you can see that there is a delay between when you cast it and when it hits. During this delay, if you time carefully, you can do various things.
NOTE: As RPS is aspd based, you can take off your weapon or use an awakening potion to help cancel it. Higher aspd you have, easier to cancel.
- You can move, between cast and hit, so that the opponent will be hit in a direction other away from where you casted from. This can be seen in a video, here.
- You can sit in this delay, to cancel it; instead of moving. Watch here. (note, I’ll get to the asura part later).
- You can snap directly after casting, and hit someone out of a corner. Watch here. (note, you don’t have to sit if you take your weapon off / use awakening).
Now, let me step back a bit. You can cast asura strike, directly after raging palm striking. What will happen, is the asura strike will hit in the delay between casting and hitting RPS, and the RPS will hit AFTER. Keep in mind, that you can’t asura strike until 2 seconds after snap.
All right. Now down to, probably the hardest technique a champion can achieve. Watch here.
Keep in mind, that this is a VERY hard technique to master. All you have to do, is get the rhythm.
How to do it:
Cast occult impact. Almost near the end of the cast, click on a square next to you, and cast occult on the enemy again. This will allow you to launch occult impacts many times faster then if you do them normally.
Snap dodging is a really old trick, but still useful. Think about leveling in thors with a hunter. When you’re targeted, you tele away no doubt. You can see the damage, but the damage isn’t applied on you. This is basically what happens when you snap far enough away from your enemy, the INSTANT you get damaged. You can snap dodge asuras, EDP sonic blows, etc. Watch it here.
It is possible to cast asura directly after snap. To do this, you need to snap, pause, and snap again. What happens is, the 2 second delay to asura after snap is not reset by the second snap; most of the time you will get a shorter delay or no delay at all. Therefore, you can cast Asura directly after snapping.
Hiding under ruwach
Very effective, though not really a champion specific skill. What happens, is if you’re under ruwach, and use a smokie card to hide, you WILL pull hiding off; and if timed correctly, you can dodge Asura’s, spells, and what not with it.
How to learn / practice these techniques
Ok. Occult Dancing first.
Get a biochemy to make a mushroom for you in town, and first practice just MOVING right after casting occult. You will know when you’ve done it right, when you move directly after your cast ends. After you get this a couple of times, start occulting again. That step will take the longest time.
Again, timing is everything. Start tapping your foot to the clicks.
Now, the raging palm strike canceling.
It is, a LOT easier then OI dancing. First, let me recommend that you do NOT sit, as you can cancel it reasonably well without sitting, using an awakening. All of the RPS techniques are pretty easy to master in a day, except moving (see 1st video). Again, timing is the key issue. Time time time~.
Another note: I don’t recommend practicing until you have reached your final dex amount, as a change in cast time will mess you up in OI dancing.
Ok; addon: Snap- direct asura.
First, snap around, and keep hitting the asura key. Note the delay. Now, snap twice, with a little pause (less then a sec), and asura again. The delay will have reduced significantly. Timing is everything, practice by snapping around near a healer and just getting the Asura selector circle up after snap.
Using a champ well in PvP / WoE requires a lot off coordination and reflex. The combo champion was not really intended for PK, so it will be left out of this part of the guide.
Champion Vs. Champion Duel
A champ vs. champ duel is all about reflexes. From the instant it starts, you will need to concentrate hard on the opponent’s moves and your counterattacks. If anyone gets a slight edge in the duel, i.e. the other champ starts to heal.
Your reaction time matters heavily in a champ duel. When the other champ uses TSS, you use pneuma on yourself. In the slight space of time between your pneuma and the end of the TSS cast, you have time to react.
Ideally, you should try and absorb the opposing champ’s spirit spheres as soon as he casts them. Use your full arsenal of skills on a champion;
- TSS if they’re not in a pneuma
- RPS to knock em out of a pneuma, its also a huge powerhouse
- OI, deals great damage, but expect opposing champ to snap away if you try to land a couple of them on him.
- Snap, to get away from the champ
- Pneuma yourself
Now, if asura is permitted, you can easily dodge the asura with snap-dodging or a hide clip.
Vs. Lord Knight
Ok. Decrease Agi him ASAP. While he’s decrease agi’d, you can outrun easily, especially with snap. Don’t let them get near you, no matter what you do. Snap around, TSS him, go in for occults, pneuma spiral pierce (though like no one plays spiral here).
I’d recommend Snapping around and TSSing, but if they have a hide clip, and dodge your TSS, going in for an asura may be your only option.
A full occult dance will pull of a lot of damage on the LKs, but then again, if you get near them, you’re dead.
Hard duel. Occult dance them, or pull an asura. If you 1hko them without dying, great~. The reflect really kills you D:… If you’re confident you can 1hko them, lower your SP by casting blessing or other spells, then go in for asura. The trick is to get off a high enough asura that it kills them, but low enough that it won’t kill you.
Vs. High Wizard
A smokie clip will help you out greatly in this duel. Don’t let them freeze or stone you, whatsoever. If they manage to get a SG on top of you, snap out or hide. Other then that, use TSS and RPS to take them down.
Skip em, unless you can land a lucky asura. Dispell + Sp stealing.
Vs. High Priest
Occult dancing will hurt them, a lot. Asura strike them if you must, you can use RPS canceling to knock them out of SW’s and asura.
Like LK, don’t let him HSCR (high speed cart ram) you. Decrease agi + snap around. If they have a hide clip, and dodge the TSS, asura again might be your only option.
Pneuma, don’t let him get an AD on you. Kill his homun with occult impact, and follow the same or TSS / Asura the creator.
Vs. Assassin Cross
If they’re EDP’d, then make sure they don’t touch you. You can snap-dodge the damage, and then go in for asura.
Don’t ever, ever, ever, let them full strip you. Wear an ED armor, as some will try to stone curse you and strip you then. Pull off an asura, or occult them.
Wear a marc/ ED, so you don’t get frozen with his frost joke. Tarot cards can take you down; don’t let them, by snapping out of range.
Easier then clown, slightly. Can’t say much, never dueled one.
One of the easiest classes to take with a champion, but can be one of the hardest. Pneuma yourself and TSS the sniper. If he has a smokie, and hide dodges it, this battle will be a pain. Decrease agi him, snap near him and RPS. If you’re using a sl stunner, keep pulling of RPS’s, and snapping away into a pneuma to heal. If you manage to stun him, a TSS will take him down quick.
Now, if he manages to trap in an ankle snare, SNAP AWAY. Remember, you can still snap while you’re ankle snared. He will most likely try and arrow shower a shockwave trap or sandman under you, then slide you out. Either way, it’s NOT GOOD.
A fun little tactic is wait until he lays down the shockwave trap, then snap to the other side of him and RPS him into his own trap ^_^.
Oh god ninjas… Champ-bane… Snap dodge away from their high level spells. Nothing you can do will touch em. If they’re ninjutsu, you can use a hiding clip and hide the spells. Pretty much the only way to kill these buggers solo is to RPS them into a wall, snap towards em, and keep RPSing them against the wall til they die..
Haven’t dueled many, just don’t let desperado get you; snap away if it does.
Vs. Taekwon Ranker
Decrease agi, don’t let em get near you, TSS, etc.. Snap away if they flying side kick.
Relics – haven’t met him, but he made a guide on champs. ALL VIDEOS HERE BELONG TO HIM!
HonruDios – because I would have been a lost little monk without his help.
Castello – because I would have been a lost little acolyte without his help.
Fuujin – convicned me to play monk. If fuujin is out there, rien says hai ^_^.
Skyy – for the lulz.
Kairie – bringing some smexiness to the pics
PeakaBoo & Apparatus – vid.
And………… there’s your guide~